Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

PIZZA | Somerset House | On the Central line | Huge Christmas Tree | Waiting for a tube to Richmond | Winter Wonderland

Last Thursday evening I'd absolutely had enough of relentless revision, so my boyfriend came to visit me at uni and we took a little trip into London. Our first stop was Covent Garden; it's my absolute favourite place in London with its old cobblestone floors and beautiful buildings - there was no way I was going to miss it all dressed up in Christmas decorations! I made the (very almost) fatal mistake of climbing the steps at the tube station instead of waiting for a lift. I'm not one for exercise, so deciding to climb 193 steps on a whim was a bit of a shock to the system. Immediate revitalization was required...so we made our way to Pizza Hut. We then strolled down to Somerset House which looked absolutely stunning with beautiful lighting and a huge Christmas tree, I'm gutted I didn't take my DSLR (I don't have a proper camera bag yet) so had to make do with my iPhone :( We then made our way to Hyde Park for Winter Wonderland which was actually really fun! We went on a few rides including a particularly rickety roller coaster - they're MUCH scarier when it looks like it genuinely could come flying off the rails at any moment!

I've got just this one week left of uni before the end of the semester and I CANNOT wait! It won't feel like Christmas until I've finished all my exams. Have you been doing anything to get into the Christmas spirit? x

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree