Nails of the Day


After a bit of an accidental hiatus (my laptop broke and I didn't know the password to the server I upload photos to), I'm finally back to blogging again. Woo! So I've accumulated a load of photos of beauty products over the last month (and a bit), so I'm going to start making my way through those.

I'll start of with saying I am absolutely OBSESSED with painting my nails at the moment. If my nails haven't got a light-reflecting shine in a really lush or sparkly colour, then I'm not happy. Initially I really loved the sparkly, iridescent purple/blue colour from MO's Splash collection (more widely referred to as 'Mermaid Tears'). I then picked 'Grape Fruit' from the Fruit Pastel collection to go with it (smells like grapes!). Grape Fruit is ok, but Mermaid Tears is a bit disappointing. I'll admit I'm not the most steady handed in the art of nails. However, even I will defend my almost-non-existent nail painting skills against the mess this varnish made. It spreads unevenly, the sparkly bits don't dry flat and it is (somehow) partial to air bubbles. Bummer - especially considering these varnishes are £5 a pop.

It looks so pretty in the bottle though...

What do you think? Have you had problems with the Splash collection? Or is it just my rubbish painting skills (it's not)?

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply